Sculpting The Planes of the Head | In-Depth Tutorial
Hey all, I wanted to tell you about my new tutorial!
The human head is one of the most difficult things to sculpt. I've seen artist go years without fully grasping the most fundamental concepts needed to work from the ground up. Instead playing around in the mud until something starts to feel right.
Well that's no way to work, so in this tutorial I will be demystifying the head by breaking it down into its primary forms. Taking you step by step through close to 20 different stages of developing the head to build one stage at a time on top of one another until we have a finished bust.
Covered in this In-Depth Tutorial
- Learn how to sculpt the planes of the head, information that will be transferable to all your work moving forward.
- Learn how to sculpt the head, eyes, nose, lips, ears, neck, and more.
- Learn how to transition from hard planar shapes into softer, more organic forms.
- Learn particular rhythms of the face to make it appear more masculine or feminine.
- Learn how to create simple eyebrows, eyelashes, and paint to make your bust come alive.
- Step by step, real-time video tutorial going through the stages of creating the planes of the head.
- 17 Step by Step Female Heads starting from a sphere to a completed planar bust. (ZTL)
- 13 Step by Step Male Heads starting from a sphere to a completed planar bust. (ZTL)
- 3 Organic Female Heads (ZTL)
- 2 Organic Male Head (ZTL)
- 1 Final Stylized Female Planar Head (ZTL & OBJ)
- 1 Final Stylized Male Planar Head (ZTL & OBJ)
- 1 Final Realistic Male Planar Head (ZTL & OBJ)
- Images of the stages of creating a planar head as shown in the video tutorial + final renders of the two planar heads.
This tutorial is very beginner friendly as I cover every single brush, tool, and step of the process in a guided tour creating the planes of the head. Seriously, I don't think I've ever gone so in depth in my entire life as I do in this tutorial and I'm very proud of it. Can't wait to have you take a look. I know it will be helpful!
Click Here to download and find out more!Check It Out!