Learn how to sculpt a stylized female head from start to finish in ZBrush.
Follow along in this step by step tutorial of over 3 hours of real-time, narrated footage. Start from a sphere and work your way through the stages of blockout, sculpting the facial features, painting, creating hair, and finishing up with expression and details. Walk away from this tutorial with a polished and stylized female head, as well as the knowledge to move on to more complex projects and characters in the future.
This tutorial is great for beginners, those that are interested in creating stylized characters, and experienced users looking to learn in a structured, fun way.
Covered in this In-Depth Tutorial
- Learn how to create appealing stylized proportions for the female head
- Learn Follygon's process for creating facial features with a blend between sharp and soft edges.
- Learn how to create expressive eyes with graphic eyelashes and brows.
- Learn how to sculpt a cute nose and ears to help guide the construction of your proportions.
- Learn how to create hair that frames the face and draws attention to your area of focus.
- Learn how to breathe life into your characters with expression and detail.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Blocking Out The Head
- 3 Refining our Forms
- 4 Painting and Finishing the Head
- 5 Creating The Hair
- 6 Adding Expression and Asymmetry
- 7 Closing Thoughts
- 7 Step by step, real-time video tutorial chapters going through the stages of creating a Stylized Female Head totaling over 3 hours of footage.
- 5 Step by Step Character Heads starting from a sphere to a completed character. (ZTL and OBJ)
- 4K Renders of the Final Character
1. Is this tutorial beginner friendly?
Yes, even if you only know how to navigate in ZBrush everything is explained step by step.
2. Will you cover how to make a male, realistic, or other head as well?
In this tutorial, I will only be showing the process for the specific character shown in the images pictured above. However, using the tools and techniques shown in this tutorial you will be able to move forward confidently to create more complex characters in the future. For even more content I recommend checking out my Planes of the Head Tutorial: https://follygon.gumroad.com/l/pdYDr
3. Where can I get your brushes, etc?
My Brushes: https://gumroad.com/l/zQUQb
Everything Else: https://gumroad.com/follygon
4. What software is used in this Tutorial?
This tutorial uses ZBrush, however the information and ideas here will be transferable to any 3D software considering you know comparable tools.
5. How long is the video content in this tutorial?
3 Hours and 17 Minutes
Join Follygon's Patreon and share what you are interested in learning to have it covered in a future tutorial! https://www.patreon.com/follygon